- I need to get a TB test so that I can extend for another rotation in Care Extenders, but apparently, my doctor doesn’t think I should get one, because I might have some sort of reaction to it. So instead of simply scheduling an appointment with her to get one, I now need to make an appointment with her to discuss things first, and then go from there. Considering I have a deadline of July 22nd to meet, I’m a little nervous.
- My Bruincard stopped having access to the imaging facility in CHS that I need to image the Western blots I’ve spent the last three days working on.Unfortunately for me, if I can’t image my blots, there is no point to me having slaved the last three days away. So… the last three days have been for naught. I normally wouldn’t be so bothered about this if I was still getting paid, but seeing as how they’ve laid me off due to lack of funds, this is pure volunteering, which makes it suck more. Which leads me to #3…
- I had to cut my Bootcamp Fun class at the gym short to prep these blots.
But I’m going to go see Brave with Courtney and a couple of the other girls from the house.
To my sheltered self, this is what living on the edge is like :)
Most beautiful number I have ever seen.
Highest GPA I’ve ever gotten at UCLA. Best quarter so far! :’)
But how can you be at UCLA and not know the values of sine/cosine from 0 to pi off of the top of your head?!
- Endured a two-hour math lecture. Not only does the professor have a fobby accent (“nine” and “line” sound the same, and don’t even get me started on how he butchers “coefficient”), but the class is also full of nerdy-looking kids whom I presume to be freshmen, because they ask stupid questions. (“What does MS stand for?”) Oh, and there’s also the fact that I haven’t done calculus since I C-minused this class fall quarter freshman year. Should be interesting, then, how well I do in this class.
- Silently cursed the math department. APPARENTLY, there are professors who use the Rogawski textbook instead of the Stewart one, which is the one I thought all 32A classes were based on, which basically means that I need to somehow obtain this textbook other than going to the reserves at Powell.
- Signed up for classes! I’m pretty sure that halfway through fall quarter, during midterm season, I’ll look back on this day and go, “Why the hell did I sign up for two chem upper divs and LS 4?” But in the meantime, I’ll just pretend like everything will be okay.
- Hauled all my relevant stuff back to Westwood today and into the house.
- Purchased groceries.
- Put stuff away.
- Going to spend the night doing irrelevant things and trying to ignore the fact that my first pass is tomorrow and that I have a two-hour math lecture at 9 am.
I’m not sure if I should be happy or slightly annoyed
I’m happy because this is the highest grade I’ve ever gotten in a class in the chem dept., but at the same time, couldn’t you have given me an A-?!
Whatevs, I’ll take it. Better than a C+, at least.